Announcement for undergraduate (bachelor) students!
The Fund for American Studies (TFAS (https://www.dcinternships.org/about/) has opened the call for the Summer Academic Internship Program in Washington, DC 2021. The summer program provides students from across the U.S. and abroad the opportunity to spend 8 weeks earning 3-9 credits from George Mason University, complete an internship placement in their field of interest, and live on George Washington University’s campus – located just a few blocks from the State Department and White House. The goal of the TFAS is to provide a real-world professional and academic experience for college students to help prepare them for responsible leadership in the future.
Public Policy + Economics: for students seeking to pursue careers in public policy, economics, law, government and the nonprofit sector.
International Affairs: for students interested in a career in the foreign service, international relations or multi-national NGOs.
Journalism + Communications: for students planning careers in journalism, communications and public relations.
Business + Government Relations: for students studying business or political science, and interested learning about the legislative process and how businesses represent their interests to the federal government.
Leadership + the American Presidency: for students interested in strengthening their leadership skills while learning lessons from the American Presidency. This program is sponsored in partnership with the Ronald Reagan Institute.
- Language: English.
- Duration: June 5 – July 30 (8 weeks)
– Both In-Person + Virtual Formats
– In-Person Format Only
– Virtual Format Only
The comprehensive TFAS program allows students to earn 3-9 credits from George Mason University, complete an internship placement in their field of interest and build their professional network and enjoying all that the vibrant capital city has to offer.
- International Student Deadline: Monday, January 25
- Priority Admissions Deadline: Tuesday, February 9
- Final Admissions Deadline: Tuesday, March 16
Requirements to applicants:
- At least 18-year old bachelor students from all majors and backgrounds after their sophomore or junior year (but freshman and graduating seniors are also welcome to apply) who have completed at least one semester of undergraduate study at an accredited college or university before applying to attend the summer program;
- well-rounded students who demonstrate ambition, strong academic performance, leadership ability, maturity, time management skills as well as campus and community involvement;
- applicants with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, relevant professional and volunteer experience, and well-written essays are given the highest scores.
- How to apply:
- TFAS official website: https://www.dcinternships.org/
- Application instructions (including the list of documents): https://www.dcinternships.org/admissions/?accordion=application-instructions
- Information for international students: https://www.dcinternships.org/admissions/?accordion=international-students
- Application portal: https://tfas.radiusbycampusmgmt.com/crm/sites/The_Fund_for_American_Studies/dcinternshipsapplynow
Since 1967, The Fund for American Studies (TFAS) has been a leader in educating young people from around the world in the fundamental principles of American democracy and our free market system. TFAS has been the launching pad for more than 18,000 students who have participated in our programs in Washington, DC and around the world in Asia, Europe and South America. Alumni of the TFAS program are leaders in government, business, the media and nonprofit sector.