The year 2021 is anniversary not only for ASECU, but for its youth wing of ASECU Youth. This year, ASECU Youth has celebrated its 10th Anniversary in the frame of the 10th ASECU Youth International Conference and Summer School “Build a sustainable future in SEECs and Black Sea Region” that was held on 23-25 September 2021. Due to the unstable epidemiological situation, the host university A.I. Cuza University of Iasi, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (Iasi, Romania), decided to hold the summer school online.
The program of the school in connection with the Anniversary was updated by the board of ASECU Youth, which resulted in higher involvement and activity of the participants.
At the opening of the school, participants from 9 countries (Armenia, Bulgaria, United Kingdom, Kazakhstan, Palestine, Poland, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania and Russia) plunged into a virtual time travel with President of ASECU Youth Milena Balanova (Rostov State University of Economics, Russia) and learned about the significant events and achievements of the association. ASECU Youth alumni and members of the previous boards of the youth wing of ASECU shared the story of the association’s impact on their future life and career (video of the virtual trip and alumni welcome words are available on the ASECU Youth YouTube channel). President of ASECU Association Prof. Grigoris Zarotiadis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece) and Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the School Prof. Bogdan Zugravu (A.I. Cuza University of Iasi, Romania) shared the mission and importance of both associations in South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea region and the prospects for increasing their further importance as centers of attraction for young scientists and professors in the field of not only higher education, but also professional education.
The educational block of the program included the classic sessions of the international conference and the selection of papers for their further review and selection of the best article that will be nominated for the Tsekouras Prize for Young Economists (see more details about the Prize on the ASECU Youth website: http://asecu-youth.com/tsekouras-prize/). According to the results of the 10th ASECU Youth International Conference, six works of undergraduate and postgraduate students were selected as the best works:
- Oliwia Gasior and Daria Stefanovich, Cracow University of Economics (Poland);
- Linara Khadimullina, Higher School of Economics (Russia);
- Emmanuel Agboola, Rosen Chowdbury, Bo Yang, Swansea University (United Kingdom);
- Hrachya Zakaryan, Yerevan State University (Armenia);
- Riste Kostovski and Brankica Miladinova, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University (Republic of North Macedonia);
- Milena Balanova, Rostov State University of Economics (Russia).
In addition to the conference, three seminars were added to the educational block on relevant topics that obviously inspired the audience:
- Seminar «Successful interviewing and employment secrets» (Prof. Ruxandra Ciulu, A.I. Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)).
- Seminar «Study abroad opprotunities» (Prof. Marusya Smokova, D.A. Tsenov Academy of Economics (Bulgaria) and Prof. Anna Troilina, Rostov State University of Economics (Russia)).
- Seminar «Online learning and research tools» (Prof. Daniela Popescul, A.I. Cuza University of Iasi (Romania)).
Seminar materials can be found on the ASECU Youth website, in section «Conferences and schools».
The interactive block of the Summer School included a traditional event called “Global Village”, but only online, during which each delegation prepares a presentation and reveals the most interesting facts about the history, culture, traditions, stereotypes, cuisine and economy of their country. According to the results of the Global Village, the delegations of Nigeria and Kazakhstan received the prize “Best Country Guides”. A mindfulness quiz was also launched in the framework of the Global Village, the winners being students from Armenia and Poland. The block was additionally filled with interactive games as the environment for acquaintance and interaction of all school participants.
In the frame of the Closing Ceremony the ASECU Youth Board announced the upcoming schools, namely
– 2nd ASECU Youth Winter School in Iasi, Romania,
– 11th ASECU Youth International Conference and Summer School in Nitra, Slovakia, and
is inviting all students majoring in Economics to join the above events.