From 15 to 20 September, 2019 the 8th ASECU Youth International Conference and Summer School took place in Ravda, Bulgaria. The topic of the events was “Sustainable Development Goals 2030: Challenges for South and Eastern European Countries and the Black Sea Region”. The University of National and World Economy (UNWE) performed as an organizer of the summer economic school and a conference, which provided ASECUers with comfortable accommodation facilities in the Rehabilitation Complex of UNWE on the Black Sea coast in the village of Ravda, Bourgas Region. The 8th ASECU Youth International Conference and Summer School hosted 50 participants from 8 countries – ALBANIA, BULGARIA, CHINA, GREECE, HUNGARY, ROMANIA, RUSSIA and TURKEY.
As part of the summer school, students made presentations introducing theses of their articles and participated in the selection procedure of 5 best papers nominated for Tsekouras Prize for young economists, attended a course of lectures of professors from participating universities, took part in the cultural and entertainment program and visited the sights of Bulgaria (the old town of Nesebar, the Thracian tomb and the Valley of Roses, a rose oil factory in the natural and historical resort of Kazanlak, as well as a monument to the Bulgarian-Russian friendship – the Shipka Memorial Church in Shipka).
Before the official closing ceremony of the summer school elections to the ASECU Youth Board were also held, the ASECU Youth Board appointed every two years. According to the results of the votes, the new board includes 7 members:
1. Milena BALANOVA, President of the ASECU Youth,
2. Alexandra JELEA, Vice-President of the ASECU Youth,
3. Tsvetina KARABOYCHEVA, Secretary of the ASECU Youth (1st year); Violina KIRILOVA, Secretary of the ASECU Youth (2nd year),
4. Konstantinos BAKRI, Member of the ASECU Youth Board,
5. Betul BENLI, Member of the ASECU Youth Board,
6. Harun ERCAN, Member of the ASECU Youth Board,
7. Teodor MERKURI, Member of the ASECU Youth Board.
Students’ Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region (ASECU Youth) is a youth wing of the ASECU Youth. The ASECU is a non-profit organization uniting scholars in economics from 56 universities and 19 countries. The next ASECU Youth events planned in 2020 are:
- the 1st Winter Economic School in the Krynica ski resort in POLAND (February 2020), and
- the 9th Summer Economic School in August in Ohrid, REPUBLIC of NORTH MACEDONIA (August 2020).