From 15 to 20 September, 2019 the 8th ASECU Youth International Conference and Summer School took place in Ravda, BULGARIA. The topic of the events was “Sustainable Development Goals 2030: Challenges for South and Eastern European Countries and the Black Sea Region”. The University of National and World Economy (UNWE) performed as an organizer of the summer economic school and a conference.
By results of the ASECU Youth conference 5 works were selected as nominated research papers for Tsekouras Prize for young economists:
1. Milena BALANOVA, Rostov State University of Economics, RUSSIA
Paper Title: “Business Ecosystem as the Environment for Platform Companies Functioning”
2. Alexandra JELEA, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi, ROMANIA
Paper Title: “Poverty and Income Inequality in South and Eastern European Countries”
3. Violina KIRILOVA, Dimitar A. Tsenov Academy of Economics, BULGARIA
Paper Title: “Impact of the Level of Economic Development on the Generation of Plastic Waste Within the European Union”
4. Yixuan SHU & Ziying GUO, Shanghai Lixin University of accounting and Finance, CHINA
Paper Title: “The Development of a New Energy Vehicle Industry in China and its Reference to the South and Eastern Europe”
5. Leonidas ZANGELIDIS, Centre for Planning & Economic Research – Athens, GREECE
Paper Title: “Estimating the Production Function in Agriculture: The Case of Greece, 2004-2016”
The works will undergo a blind peer-review procedure and the student with the best paper will be awarded Tsekouras Prize at the 16th ASECU International Conference, which is to take place on May, 23-24, 2020 at Novosibirsk State University of Economics and Management, in Novosibirsk, RUSSIA.
It is of note in total 10 works of students were selected as papers of the high level and a profound review of literature and data, including 5 papers along with the mentioned above, namely:
1. Denis ATROSHCHENKO & Yana GRIGORYEVA, Russian Customs Academy, RUSSIA
Paper Title: “The Smuggling of Military Weapons in the Black Sea Countries”
2. Konstantinos BAKRI, Christoforos MALAKATES, Fotios MERMIGKAS, Athina-Nikoletta NIKOLAOU, Evangelina PAPADOPOULOU & Panagiotis PAVLOU, Athens University of Economics and Business, GREECE
Paper Title: “Patterns and Shifts in Employmentand Performance Across the Secondary Sector in the EU 2007-16”
3. Harun ERCAN, Mert MENTES, Ebru ALACA & Safak USLUOGLU, Corvinus University of Budapest, HUNGARY
Paper Title: “The Analysis of Turkish Banking Sector Profitability in 2018”
4. Tsvetina KARABOYCHEVA & Yordan MIHAYLOV,
Paper Title: “Sustainable Tourism in the Black Sea Region”, University of National and World Economy, BULGARIA
5. Jiawei LI, Shanghai Lixin University of accounting and Finance, CHINA
Paper Title: “Consumer Right Protection Dilemma of Online Shopping by WeChat in China: Analysis of Questionnaire Survey”
This year, organizers of the ASECU Youth also introduced two other awards set by UNWE, Bulgaria, to encourage more young scientists:
1. The “Best Presentation” Award of UNWE – 3 prizes
– Denis ATROSHCHENKO, Russian Customs Academy, RUSSIA;
– Tsvetina KARABOYCHEVA & Yordan MIHAYLOV, University of National and World Economy, BULGARIA;
– Konstantinos BAKRI, Fotios MERMIGKAS & Panagiotis PAVLOU, Athens University of Economics and Business, GREECE.
2. The “Most Valuable Participant” Award of UNWE – 2 prizes
– Georgius GRIGORIOU, University of Macedonia, GREECE;
– Alexandra JELEA, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi, ROMANIA.